Thursday, July 11, 2013

Long Overdue

It was long overdue.
I was collegiate football player and MMA fighter (2-1 record). Keyword…WAS. In the midst of these activities I accumulated the injuries that inherently come with athletic glory. Kind of a yin and yang type thing. In less than 15 years I amassed 10 knee surgeries and even at the age of 29 I could feel them taking their toll. Something had to change. I had to change.
It was long overdue.
She was a seasoned dancer who enjoyed success on the dance floor and benefited from the spoils of a dancers life. All the work she put in in the studio lead to healthy lifestyle and dancers body, both of which she enjoyed. Then the real world came knocking and 7 years and 2 kids later, the weight would not come off as easily as it did before. At 26, she knew something had to change. She had to change.
This is our story. My name is Scott and the “she” above is my wife Joelle. We are hard working parents with full time jobs who just have not been able to find a fitness program that works for us and our lifestyle.
Until now that is.
When running and high impact workouts were no longer an option for me because of my knee problems I went in to research mode. What I found was DDP Yoga. It worked for those who were in far worse condition than I (Arthur is our hero!) and Joelle already had a love for Yoga, but with high prices and no time to hit a studio she could not pursue it. I took the plunge, ordered the program and just 4 days in, with the help of the dietary guide and a strict regimen of 6:30 AM sessions in the living room, we are on our way to owning our lives again. We invite you to come along for the ride. It may get bumpy and may not always be easy, but the reward of a better life for us and our family far outweighs the risk.
Here's to owning our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment