Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A word from the wife

I never thought my first blog would be about diet & exercise. I always dreamed of being a beauty blogger...Maybe someday!

I'm also now in my fourth week of DDP Yoga, and yes I'm in love, not just with DDP but with the actual program. Ever since I had my first daughter 7 years ago, I've been meaning to get around to getting the baby weight off. Well that never happened! The cliche "I'm too busy to work out and diet" has forever been my excuse.

Not a day goes by without me dreaming of the good old days before kids when I danced 4 days a week, could eat whatever I wanted and was in damn good shape.

As I read what I've already written I realize that maybe professional blogging isn't in my future, but I hope that someone reads this and cares or can relate.

Anyway, DDP has finally given me something that can make me feel good about myself again. Something my husband and I can bond over, that is great for our minds and bodies. We enjoy cooking healthy, and we througholy enjoy the workouts, even when they get really hard.

I am down about 5lbs so far, and even thought its not a lot, and not as much as Scott, it's huge for ME. Every time I say no to sweets or junk, it's a little victory for myself.

It's going to be a long road ahead, but I have finally stopped feeling sorry, and I'm starting to feel....hopeful :)


No comments:

Post a Comment