Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Split Decisions

We're 10 days strong into out journey to own our lives and
have been faithful to a T! Hell, I even brought my 7 year old to Smackdown last night and didn't touch as much as a french fry. The diet has become habit, which in turn has now become our lifestyle. And it feels good!

But what would a major life change be without another unexpected hurdle?

For the first 4 days of DDPYoga we worked out together and it was awesome! For the last 5 however, it has become a bit more difficult to do that. Since Friday we have each been flying solo with our daily's. Joelle has Mondays and Wednesdays off. I have Sunday and Tuesday. And we both have other responsibilities all the time!

I know what some of you are thinking. "Oh. Wow! You have to workout alone. What a challenge!"

And I hear the sarcasm loud and clear, but hear me out. When you go through an experience like this with a partner there is an extra layer of accountability. Cheating yourself is easy, but cheating yourself and having someone else call you out on it? That's powerful. So what we have been doing is finding other ways to push eachother. If we can't workout with eachother we'll prepair one anothers lunches for a certain day. Take a little bit of the burden off one another. You gotta get creative!

That reminds me, have I ever told you about flexibility and balance?

No comments:

Post a Comment