Thursday, July 25, 2013

Silencing the Critics

It's Thursday of week 3 and for the most part everybody in my day to day life is aware of my new found commitment to the DDP Yoga system. But when I see someone that i may not see in my daily travels and they ask me about my current workout regimen and I tell them it's yoga, their left speechless. Not because yoga is bad or ineffective, but for the most part it is totally out of character for me to be doing it.

For most of my life all my workouts have consisted of hitting either something or one and not pushing up into down dog. When I think of it, it sometimes makes me laugh a bit because they are right, the old me would never do yoga, not even DDP's.

But that's the point, isn't?

This is not just a change in my body it should be a change in me. Eating habits, sleeping habits and overall life habits. I am striving to be better than I ever have been and if that means making some "out of character" choices I have no doubt that in the end I will be better off for the experiences had. So to all the critics out there who don't like change, or don't think I will stick with until the end. I dedicate this portion of my journey to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment